White Label Web Design Explained
When you’re running a web design business, there are times that you would feel stuck. Other times, you would feel pressured to deliver. Sometimes, there’s no work coming for a week and you struggle to pay your employees. Other times you are flooded with work and your in-house team has to work overtime to meet deadlines. Oftentimes you find yourself working on the backend and on tasks that don’t really match your role in the company, yet you have to do it because – you know – deadlines!
And the result, you grind through these tasks and end up wasting your time and energy which could have been wisely invested in some other tasks such as nurturing leads and bringing in more clients.
In this kind of business, you got to know your strengths and focus your effort on the right tasks. But how about the web design task that is basically the lifeline of your business? The answer is simple: white label web design services.
Here are the most important things you should know about the white label web design platform and how it can bring positive change to your business:
What on earth is “white label”?
Let us start by defining white label. In general, white label pertains to products or services manufactured or developed by a company that another company is selling or providing as their own. This setting allows the buyer to sell the product or deliver the work under their own brand. In simplest words, it’s like reselling something but in a repackaged, rebranded version. And the best thing about white labeling is that you can do it without spending on the resources typically required in running such business. For instance, many successful companies use white label web design in the UK to offer services without investing in the necessary infrastructure or hiring an in-house expert team.
White label businesses also offer additional flexibility, as they take over the projects of their “resellers” and let them focus on what they do the best and what’s more important. This will be discussed in a more in-depth manner later, so read on.
How does white label web design work?
To further understand the white label web design setup, here is a simple breakdown of how it works.
- White label web design business, Company A, works together with digital marketing agency, Company B. Company 1 designs websites that Company B resells under their own brand.
- Company A’s team is the one working to deliver the orders of Company B’s clients.
- The final product, which is the website, appears to be created by Company B, whereas Company A was actually paid to that for Company B.
Why should you consider white label web design?
In the fast-paced bustling cyberspace, there is no such thing as static or permanent. Everything is dynamic and changing. The same is true for web design and development, an industry that is becoming more and more cutthroat. This shouldn’t come as a surprise knowing that website design and hosting is a 90+ billion dollar market. And to run a business that specializes in this aspect, you will have to face many challenges. One is meeting the demands of your clients all at the same time. This can be overwhelming, but with the help of a white label web designer, it can be a different story.
Here are the reasons you need white label web design.
- White label does it for youThis has been mentioned earlier, but it’s worth re-emphasizing: a white label can take a project off your busy hands and potentially save you from all the stress involved. As they do the job for you, you can divert your attention to other essential aspects of your business. This translates to more time to make connections, cater to your employees’ needs, communicate with your clients, etc. When you work with a white label web design reseller, you are saved from the tedious decision-making process. You simply communicate what needs to be done and they will call the shots on your behalf. Their professional designers will do the job for you.
- White label services solve your manpower issuesNot enough manpower to finish projects on time? You can count on your white label digital agency partner. This aspect makes it possible for small agencies and young companies to carry on with their business operations despite the lack of workforce, equipment, and office space. These things also translate to wiser cost-saving. More importantly, you can rest assured that experts are working on your projects and that you can deliver on time. Why would you train and feed a battalion when you can tap the service of an entire army of seasoned warriors?
- White label doesn’t require you to have the skillsYou don’t have to be the best web designer in the world to offer topnotch web design services. All you need to do is find a proficient provider with solid reputation in the field. Through their expertise and experience, you will be able to deliver great results to your client. With white label web design, all you need is an idea. Let your white label turn that idea into reality and all that’s left to do is to brand it!
- White label lets agencies grow their businessThe white label model is actually a risk-free business model. For one ROI (return of investment) is built-in. White label solutions are available at bulk prices from the provider. Another thing is you can markup the price at your desired margin as you resell the service. All these things translate to greater opportunities to gain, minus the risks of “losing face” associated with openly outsourcing your service.
Who can benefit from white label web design?
White label web design can benefit everyone from small web design companies and small-time design professionals to marketing agencies. But to further grasp who can benefit from this setup, here are a couple of scenarios that perfectly show how it can be beneficial.
A new web design agency is getting behind their work, and unfortunately, they don’t have enough resources to hire additional staff. Tapping the service of a white label web design company can solve the problem. All they need to do is pay a third-party provider with a fixed fee to lessen their workload. What’s more, the credit still goes to the web design agency.
A marketing agency is looking for opportunities to expand their revenue. Their clients need websites but the agency doesn’t have the slightest idea how to meet such demands. In this case, the agency sees the situation as a potential source of income but the problem is they lack the know-how on the technicalities involved in building a website. With the help of a white label web design provider, they can accommodate their clients’ needs, see post. What they can do is simply pass on the client’s specifications, details, preferences, etc. to the provider and wait for the finished product. Lastly, the agency can have their brand name on it and then send it over to the client.
A professional needs to build a website but don’t want to pay or simply can’t afford the service of a professional web designer. They may have a little background on WordPress but they want something that is professionally built or they just don’t have the time (and enthusiasm) for DIY webpage. In this case, they can ask a white label white design company to build a site with only the basic layout. They simply have to input their content using their basic WordPress know-how and viola: they have a professional personal website at a fraction of the original cost.
What are the cons of white label web design?
Despite all these great things said about white label web design, there are a few disadvantages related to this setup.
One notable disadvantage is that misunderstandings arise among the three parties involved (using the example above Client, Company 1, and Company 2). Ideas and visions tend to be interpreted differently as the information is passed from one part to another, from one team to another. This highlights the great need for efficient communication from the client to Company 2 (reseller) and from Company 2 to Company 1 (white label web design business).
Miscommunication can also lead to delays, which can affect the client’s impression of the agency. We all know that unhappy customers go to your competition. You should never let that happen. Instead, you should build trust by delivering on time and meeting or even exceeding their expectations just like Master Paving serving Dublin did. To do that, one must find a reputable white label brand and work closely with them to ensure excellent results.
Taking all things into consideration white label web design remains a good option for web designers, agencies, marketing companies, individuals, and just about anyone that needs to build a website either for themselves or for a client. It offers solutions to save time, money, and sometimes even taxes. First of all, the white label model, in particular, saves you from the need to hire, train, and pay staff. More importantly, it gives you the chance to expand your services, reach to more clients, and have an additional stream of revenue to grow your business.